The Best in the Country
Ritmika’s competitive athletes have been the best in the country and have represented Canada in all major international competitions including World Championships and Olympic Games. They have traveled to all 6 continents: Asia, Europe, North and South America, Australia, Africa. Since 1998, Ritmika gymnasts have dominated the field in Canada and produced many National and Provincial novice, junior and senior champions and brought home many gold, silver and bronze medals.
Two Former Olympian Gymnast
Ritmika is extremely proud to produce two Olympians. The first being Mary Sanders, who was Canadian and USA Champion and competed at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games. She was inducted in the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame in 2009. The second athlete is our seven time Canadian National Champion and 2008 Beijing Olympian, Alexandra Orlando who won every
Canadian national senior title from 2002 to 2008. In 2006, Alexandra won six gold medals at the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia, tying the record for the most gold medals won by a single athlete at any Commonwealth Games.
From Regional to International Competitions
Our competitive level training requires serious commitment and dedication towards the sport. Athletes have the opportunity to compete in Regional, Provincial, National and International competitions.Young gymnasts (5-7 yrs old) must first enter the pre-competitive stream where they will learn the basic skills required to enter the competitive stream. Competitive gymnasts acceptance to this program is by assessment only. Please call us to make an appointment with one of our coaches to test your child to determine if she can join this program.
Benefits to Competitive Gymnastics
- They develop strength and flexibility
- They develop self-discipline and desire to achieve excellence
- They develop an amazing work ethic
- They develop self-confidence while achieving skills and personal goals
- They will learn how to maximize and prioritize their time
- They will learn how to set goals and become focused individual
- They can benefit from travel opportunities that give them experiences for a lifetime
- They can reach out for potential scholarship opportunities (for athletes who excel at National level)